Multi-Method Threat Prevention Innovations
To stay ahead of increasingly sophisticated adversaries, PAN-OS® 8.0 introduces several industry-first innovations that drive forward our ability to detect and prevent the most evasive threats, block command-and-control traffic in far more effective ways, and allow our customers to gain leverage from any threat intelligence source, including:
- WildFire™ service has an all-new anti-evasion analysis engine that brings together the benefit of multiple independent detection techniques:
- New machine learning that operates on thousands of extracted features to further the WildFire service's ability to detect more malware and variants while maintaining high accuracy.
- An entirely new malware analysis environment, custom built from the ground up without any dependency on open-source emulation tools used throughout the industry that are readily identifiable by the adversary.
- An innovative bare-metal execution environment where suspicious, evasive files are dynamically steered for detonation on real hardware systems, enabling detection for the most evasive anti-VM threats.
- Advancing command-and-control (C2) prevention by introducing end-to-end automation of the generation, delivery and enforcement of payload-based C2 protections, based on data from WildFire customers. This system eliminates the trade-off between quick automated protections, based on URL or DNS, and effective, but low-scale manual signature creation that was the status quo in the security industry.
- Extending AutoFocus™ contextual threat intelligence service with the MineMeld application, enabling security teams to aggregate, correlate, and automatically turn any third-party threat intelligence source into prevention across the Palo Alto Networks® Next-Generation Security Platform.
Deep Dive Into Multi-Method Threat Prevention Innovations
Get more detail on the biggest release in the history of the Palo Alto Networks Threat Intelligence Cloud with PAN-OS 8.0, including new innovations across WildFire, Threat Prevention and AutoFocus.
Hands On With the MineMeld Application for AutoFocus
Watch how the new MineMeld application for AutoFocus enables you to turn any third-party threat intelligence source into prevention across the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform.
Questions about PAN-OS 8.0? Get quick answers from expert Palo Alto Networks users in the Live Community!
Live Community Discussion Articles