New Family of Breakthrough Performance Hardware
The increasing use of encrypted traffic and rapid consumption of cloud-based applications, coupled with ever-increasing data center consolidation, are driving new processing power, performance and capacity requirements. Powered by PAN-OS® 8.0, the new hardware appliances help deliver the next generation of security capabilities anywhere in the network, including data center cores and enterprise perimeters, as well as branch and remote offices.
New hardware appliances enable businesses to deploy next-generation security in all locations, from large data centers down to small branch offices. Designed to handle demanding throughput needs due to increasing amounts of application-, user- and device-generated data, these appliances offer:
- Speed – high-performance network security appliances in form factors that fit diverse deployments.
- No-compromise security – deploy the same next-generation security capabilities without compromising enforcement abilities from your smallest branch serving end users to your biggest data center hosting critical information.
- Prevention of evasive cyberattacks – high-speed and policy-driven SSL decryption to detect and stop threats hiding under the veil of encryption, without risking data privacy compliance breach.
The Palo Alto Networks® PA-220 brings next-generation firewall capabilities to distributed enterprise branch offices and retail locations. Highlights:
- Built-in resiliency with dual power adapters
- Complete high availability support: active/active and active/passive
- Passive and silent cooling to reduce noise and increase reliability
- Desktop footprint with high port density
Comprised of the PA-820 and PA-850, the Palo Alto Networks PA-800 Series is designed to secure enterprise branch offices and larger retail businesses. Highlights:
- New series of hardware appliances with great price/performance value
- Enhanced user experience
- Hardware resiliency
- Flexible I/O for today's and tomorrow’s network needs with 10G interfaces
The Palo Alto Networks PA-5200 Series of next-generation firewall appliances, consisting of the PA-5260, PA-5250 and PA-5220, targets high-speed data centers, internet gateways, and service provider deployments. The PA-5200 Series uses dedicated processing and memory for key functional areas of networking, security, threat prevention and management. Highlights:
- Over 70 Gbps of network throughput performance
- Up to 35x more SSL decryption session capacity
- High port density, 40G and 100G I/O support for diverse deployments
- Front-to-back airflow support
Live Community Discussion Articles
Related Technical Documentation